Herbert Paul Brooks Jr., aka Herb Brooks, is one of the most inspirational hockey coaches in the world. He was known for his strict discipline and toughness with which he trained his players.
His greatest victory as a hockey coach came in 1980 when he led the US Olympic Hockey Team to win gold against the highly favoured Soviet Team. The match between the two came to be famously known as “Miracle on Ice”. He also coached several National Hockey League teams and gained the name and fame to become one of the best hockey coaches of that time. He died in a car accident in 2003 and left behind a legacy of success that comes with chasing your dreams.
Brooks was a self-driven and hard-working man who achieved his dreams through perseverance and dedication. All his quotes convey elements of success through hard work and commitment to achieve your dreams.
20 Powerful Herb Brooks Quotes on Success
1. “You don’t have enough talent to win on talent alone.” – Herb Brooks
2. “You were born to be a player. You were meant to be here. This is your time. Now get out there and take it.” – Herb Brooks
3. “The name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back.” – Herb Brooks
4. “You must have goals in your life, or otherwise be prepared to be used by those who do have them.” – Herb Brooks
5. “The legs feed the wolf.” – Herb Brooks
6. “If you give 99 percent, you will make my job very easy.” – Herb Brooks
7. “Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” – Herb Brooks
8. “This is your moment. You’re meant to be here.” – Herb Brooks
9. “Write your own book instead of reading someone else’s book about success.” – Herb Brooks
10. “We should be dreaming. We grew up as kids having dreams, but now we’re too sophisticated as adults, as a nation. We stopped dreaming. We should always have dreams.” – Herb Brooks
11. “You’re only as good as your values.” – Herb Brooks
12. “Prepare to grow through pain.” – Herb Brooks
13. “You’re playing worse and worse every day and right now you’re playing like
14. “Risk something or forever sit with your dreams.” – Herb Brooks
15. “What is courage? Let me tell you what I think it is. An indefinable quality that makes a man put out that extra
16. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Herb Brooks
17. “Be better than you are. Set a goal that seems unattainable, and when you reach that goal, set another one even higher.” – Herb Brooks
18. “Win, lose, or tie, you’re gonna play like champions!” – Herb Brooks
19. “You can’t be common, the common man goes nowhere; you have to be uncommon.” – Herb Brooks
20. “Success is won by those who believe in winning and then prepare for that moment. Many want to win, but how many prepare? That is