Christiano Ronaldo is considered one of the premier forwards to have ever played a game of soccer. He was born on February 5th, 1985 in the Portuguese archipelago of Madeira. In a 2003 exhibition game against Manchester United in Lisbon, Ronaldo made such an impression that United’s players urged their manager to recruit him. Later the team agreed to sign Ronaldo for 12 million pounds.
Over the next 6 seasons at Manchester United, Ronaldo became a superstar, setting scoring records and leading the team to three Premier League titles, not to mention unquestionable victory in the 2008 FIFA Club World Cup. That same year he was also named FIFA World Player of the Year. In 2009 Manchester United sold Ronaldo to Spanish team Real Madrid for 80 million pounds, making him the most expensive soccer player at the time.
In 2017 Ronaldo received his fourth Player of the Year award. By that time he had scored the 600th goal of his career and a record 100 goals in Championship League games. He is also a champion of social media and is reported to have over 277 million followers, more than any other athlete on the planet. The last two years have seen Renaldo become one of the highest paid athletes in the world, earning around $93 million in 2016, including off-the-pitch sponsorship deals worth an estimated $35 million.
20 Cristiano Ronaldo Motivational Quotes To Inspire Success
1. “Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
2, “I would be very proud if, one day, I’m held in the same esteem as George Best or Beckham. It’s what I’m working hard towards.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
3. “Scoring goals is a great feeling, but the most important thing to me is that the team is successful – it doesn’t matter who scores the goals as long as we’re winning.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
4. “Today there are opportunities that no one knows if they will come round again in the future.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
5. “But I don’t want to be compared to anyone – I’d like to impose my own style of play and do the best for myself and for the club here.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
6. “We should make the most of life, enjoy it because that’s the way it is.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
7. “If we can’t help our family, who are going to help?” – Cristiano Ronaldo
8. “I’ve never tried to hide the fact that it is my intention to become the best.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
9. “We don’t want to tell our dreams. We want to show them.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
10. “I’m living in a dream that I never want to wake up from.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
11. “Talent without working hard is nothing.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
12. “I have my flaws too, but I am a professional who doesn’t like to miss or lose.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
13. “I don’t mind people hating me, because it pushes me.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
14. “Every season is a new challenge to me, and I always set out to improve in terms of games, goals, assists.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
15. “We cannot live being obsessed with what other people think about us. It’s impossible to live like that. Not even God managed to please the entire world.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
16. “I know I’m a good professional, I know that no one’s harder on me than myself and that’s never going to change, under any circumstances.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
17. “I want to be remembered as part of the group of the greatest players ever.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
18. “There is no harm in dreaming of becoming the world’s best player. It is all about trying to be the best. I will keep working hard to achieve it but it is within my capabilities.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
19. “Maybe they hate me because I’m too good.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
20. “No one did what I did last season and for this I deserve the Golden Boot and why not the best World Player.” – Cristiano Ronaldo