Canelo Alvarez is a professional Mexican boxer who has held numerous titles, including world Boxing Championships-WBC and unified World Boxing Association-WBA (super).
Alvarez’s journey to the top was not easy. Raised among eight children, they had a rough childhood. His big brother was the one who got into boxing first which inspired Canelo to start boxing at 13.
He is a true example of an underdog who made it big with sheer skills and courage. Canelo has a number of quotes which are nothing short of inspiration and heart-touching.
20 Canelo Alvarez Quotes
1. “I don’t fear anyone. We don’t come to play in this sport.” – Canelo Alvarez
2. “My record speaks for itself.” – Canelo Alvarez
3. “I’m training and preparing because nothing is predictable in boxing. I’m preparing for those rounds, and if it happens that I get a shot, whatever advantage I have, I will be ready for 12 rounds.” – Canelo Alvarez
4. “There are great legends and great fighters in the history of Mexico, and there will be more to come.” – Canelo Alvarez
5. “I train to fight, to win.” – Canelo Alvarez
6. “I’m prepared for Amir Khan moving swiftly – or for whatever style he comes out using. I prepared with sparring, in the style similar to what he uses.” – Canelo Alvarez
7. “Liam Smith was a resilient fighter. He was tough, has a lot of heart. He thinks before he attacks.” – Canelo Alvarez
8. “You can have the best training, but just feeling full can make you sluggish and cause you to lose.” – Canelo Alvarez
9. “I fought the best; I’ve never been afraid of anyone.” – Canelo Alvarez
10. “My job is to train hard, go fight, and do my best.” – Canelo Alvarez
11. “For the entirety of my career, I have taken the fights that no one wanted because I fear no man.” – Canelo Alvarez
12. “When I first stepped into the boxing gym, I loved it. I knew it was what I was going to do.” – Canelo Alvarez
13. “There have been numerous tips and numerous people offering advice. I appreciate it because it all comes with good feelings from the heart. But some of it we’ll apply, and some things we won’t.” – Canelo Alvarez
14. “Every fight is a different experience.” – Canelo Alvarez
15. “Obviously I’m fast, and I’m going to have to utilize that speed, but I’m also going to have to be smart. I’m also strong, and I have a punch, so I’m going to have to use all my qualities to be able to fight against Angulo, and I just feel whoever’s the best prepared that night is going to win.” – Canelo Alvarez
16. “You always try to fight someone from another country. But having said that, the public knows, everybody knows, when there’s two Mexicans in the ring, there will be a war.” – Canelo Alvarez
17. “I’m honored and blessed by God to be in the sport I love, and I want to accomplish all the goals I set in the sport of boxing – to be successful and make history.” – Canelo Alvarez
18. “I look like this for a reason. I was born this way. It was God-given.” – Canelo Alvarez
19. “If I lift any weights, I do it more for explosion, but I really use my body weight to build up muscle and strength.” – Canelo Alvarez
20. “I want to be like a Muhammad Ali, like a Julio Cesar Chavez. So when people talk about boxing, they have to remember Canelo.” – Canelo Alvarez