When you try to answer this question, you will most probably consider how your life should be. The Oxford dictionary defines success as “an accomplishment of aim” and “attaining fame, a social status, or wealth”. Is this how we measure success in life? Does success in life really mean having money? If you are rich you will have people say “you have everything” or “you are already successful in life” or a similar statement that means you have money and are well settled. There are many people who feel this way, and then there are many that feel that success is not just having a lot of money.
The thing is, your concept of success is connected to your beliefs and values, and if your values tell you that success in life means money, then there is nothing that will change your mind. On the other hand, if your value system says that having money, stability, peace, happiness, integrity, and contentment in your life is equally important; then you have an entirely different image of success in life. There are a lot of people in this world that are wealthy, however, they are unhappy. Which proves that success in life does not mean having money. As there are a lot of people who do not make a lot of money, but are happy with what they have.
There are different kinds of people in the world, and each one has a different take on what being successful really is about.
Here are a few common notions about success.
- Success in life means having money.
- Success in life means to win at games or competitions.
- Success in life means to achieve your goal
- Success in life means getting the job you wanted
- Success in life means owning a nice house, a luxury car, and having all the luxurious comforts life has to offer.
- Success in life means being famous
- Success in life means having influence, power, and control
- Success in life means being free from insecurities, fears, and wants
The one thing that is common about the statements above, is that they include accomplishment, attainment, and fulfillment. Another thing is that it’s something you desire, or which gives you an unspoken advantage over others. In simple words success in life means having money? Can be true, or false depending on the kind of values and goals you have in life.