Born in 1916, Ferruccio Lamborghini is an Italian industrialist whose parents were grape farmers in Renazzo. He was responsible for founding a company that manufactured tractors from reconfigured military machinery near the city of Bologna in Italy.
Lamborghini eventually moved on to manufacturing air conditioning and heating units, which quickly made him extremely wealthy. The success he experienced allowed him to buy a number of luxury sports cars, including a Ferrari.
It wasn’t long after buying this car that he decided to start his own company that would challenge Ferrari in a big way. He even went as far as poaching one of the engineers at Ferrari to work for his new company. The company known as Automobil Lamborghini was established in 1963 in Sant’Agata Bolognese.
The legacy of Ferruccio Lamborghini still lives on even today with his son, Tonino.
10 Unforgettable Ferruccio Lamborghini Quotes
1. “Lamborghini is refinement, luxury and perfection.” – Ferruccio Lamborghini
2. “Ferrari never spoke to me again. He was a great man, I admit, but it was so very easy to upset him.” – Ferruccio Lamborghini
3. “I had never stopped thinking about the ideal car… All I had to do was construct a plant to build it.” – Ferruccio Lamborghini
4. “A normal chap, a man who likes creating things. A good worker in the morning, and a man who likes enjoying himself in the afternoon.” – Ferruccio Lamborghini
5. “When you stop working, you start to die!” – Ferruccio Lamborghini
6. “I had never stopped thinking about the ideal motor car… All I had to do was construct a plant to build it.” – Ferruccio Lamborghini
7. “Lamborghini, you may be able to drive a tractor but you will never be able to handle a Ferrari Properly.’ This was the point when I finally decided to make a perfect car.” – Ferruccio Lamborghini
8. “Everything went like a dream for three-quarters of the race-until we ran off the road.” – Ferruccio Lamborghini
9. “Mechanics was in my blood.” – Ferruccio Lamborghini
10. “When I miss the sound and the fury, I take refuge in my garage and turn the key in the ignition of my Miura…” – Ferruccio Lamborghini