Ronaldinho de Assis Moreira, known simply as Ronaldinho by most, is a Brazilian former professional football player who belonged to Spanish club Barcelona. He is widely regarded as being one of the best players of his generation, having won the Ballon d’Or and numerous other prestigious sports accolades.
At the age of 20, Ronaldinho moved to Parios Saint-Germain in France prior to signing for Barcelona back in 2003. He was given the FIFA world Player of the Year Award early on in only his second season on the team.
Born on March 21, 1980, Ronaldinho came from a big family consisting mostly of other soccer players. He quickly honed his skills from a very early age, rising to become one of the most memorable Brazilian athletes in the last decade. He has a son with Brazilian dancer Janaina Mendes.
15 Motivational Ronaldinho Quotes on Life & Soccer
1. “I learned all about life with a ball at my feet” – Ronaldinho
2. “The toughest opponents for me are the defenders who are tough in the way they play – where you can’t see a way through.” – Ronaldinho
3. “No matter who you are it’s the simple things in life that lead you to believe that you can achieve anything.” – Ronaldinho
4. “God gives gifts to everyone, some can write, some can dance. He gave me the skill to play football and I am making the most of it.” – Ronaldinho
5. “I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister… because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them.” – Ronaldinho
6. “I am ugly, but what I do have is charm.” – Ronaldinho
7. “I have the chance to do for a living what I like the most in life, and that’s playing football. I can make people happy and enjoy myself at the same time.” – Ronaldinho
8. “It is not just about the money, it is about what you achieve on the pitch” – Ronaldinho
9. “My family is everything. I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister… because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them.” – Ronaldinho
10. “I think each player has an individual style. Each is concerned with giving the best to his team, and I think my best talent is dribbling and setting up goal situations, giving an assist or deceiving one of the other team’s players.” – Ronaldinho
11. “A lot of the moves I make originate from futsal. It’s played in a very small space, and the ball control is different in futsal. And to this day my ball control is pretty similar to a futsal player’s control.” – Ronaldinho
12. “My game is based on improvisation. Often a forward does not have the time to think too much. You have a second, rarely more, to decide whether to dribble, shoot or pass to the right or left. It is instinct that gives the orders.” – Ronaldinho
13. “Our confidence comes from our preparation.” – Ronaldinho
14. “Football is a great love because I was born into a family of players and therefore born into football. I’m fortunate to have a style of play that a lot of people like. It’s a privilege to be able to do what I like best and in my own way, but I’m fortunate that people like it, and that motivates me even more.” – Ronaldinho
15. “Football is about joy. It’s about dribbling. I favour every idea that makes the game beautiful. Every good idea has to last.” – Ronaldinho