Og Mandino has the unique distinction of being the most widely read author of self-help books in the world. He was once the president of Success Unlimited magazine, but decided to resign in 1976 at the age of 52 to pursue a different path.
Although Mandino was a very successful and wealthy man for much of his life, there was a time when he was destitute and homeless. He claims that the principles he teaches in his books have all been put to the test in his own life in one way or another.
His first best-selling book was titled “The Greatest Salesman in the World”, and he went on to write many more self-help books as well as hold numerous lectures where he taught his key principles to attendees. He has written a total of 20 self-help books over the course of his life, and his words of wisdom are still relevant today.
20 Og Mandino Quotes to Inspire You
1. “Do all things with love.” – Og Mandino
2. “There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.” – Og Mandino
3. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
4. “Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.” – Og Mandino
5. “Always seek out the seed of triumph in every adversity.” – Og Mandino
6. “Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats.” – Og Mandino
7. “Tomorrow is only found in the calendar of fools.” – Og Mandino
8. “Treasure the love you receive above all. It will survive long after your good health has vanished.” – Og Mandino
9. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino
10. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” – Og Mandino
11. “Always render more and better service than is expected of you, no matter what your task may be.” – Og Mandino
12. “Forget mistakes. Forget failure. Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it. Today is your lucky day!” – Og Mandino
13. “Every defeat, every heartbreak every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.” – Og Mandino
14. “One of the things is we tend to give up too soon. We get knocked down a couple of times, and we stay down. It’s so important to get back up again.” – Og Mandino
15. “The person who knows one thing and does it better than anyone else, even if it only be the art of raising lentils, receives the crown he merits. If he raises all his energy to that end, he is a benefactor of mankind and its rewarded as such.” – Og Mandino
16. “Work as though you would live forever, and live as though you would die today. Go another mile!” – Og Mandino
17. “Your only limitations are those you set up in your mind, or permit others to set up for you.” – Og Mandino
18. “I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply all my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.” – Og Mandino
19. “Sound character provides the power with which a person may ride the emergencies of life instead of being overwhelmed by them. Failure is… the highway to success.” – Og Mandino
20. “Treasure the love you receive above all. It will survive long after your good health has vanished.” – Og Mandino