College can be an extremely difficult time for a lot of young people who are trying to pursue their future career by earning a degree of some kind. This can also be a somewhat uncertain time for many, which is why it’s so important to get plenty of encouragement.
There are many inspiring quotes for those who are going to school and just need a little bit of encouragement to keep going. It can be easy to grow tired and become cynical about the future, which is all the more reason to get motivation and inspiration from positive sources.
A few words of encouragement from a successful person can be very effective when it comes to maintaining a positive attitude. These quotes are ideal for anyone who is pursuing a higher education, because it can get really tough and challenging at times.
25 Encouraging Quotes for College Students
1. “Find something you’re passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.” – Julia Child
2. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
3. “I am always doing what I cannot do yet in order to learn how to do it.” – Vincent van Gogh
4. “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
5. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
6. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
7. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again. This time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
8. “You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality in the mind next to honor” – Aristotle
9. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
10. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.” – J.K. Rowling
11. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
12. “Great people do things before they’re ready. They do things before they know they can do it. Doing what you’re afraid of, getting out of your comfort zone, taking risks like that–that is what life is. You might find out something about yourself that’s really special. If you’re not good, who cares? You tried something. Now you know something about yourself.” – Amy Poehler
13. “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.” – Ayn Rand
14. “If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.” – Flavia
15. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
16. “Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here.” – Donald Trump
17. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
18. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
19. “Do something now; your future self will thank you for later” – unknown
20. “Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire.” – Catherine of Siena
21. “If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you.You may have a fresh start any moment you choose,for this thing we call “failure” is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
22. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Hellen Keller
23. “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
24. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry Thoreau
25. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream” – C.S. Lewis